|GENESIS ATHENS – Private General Gynecological-Surgical Clinic|
Specialized Services: Management of infertility, Preimplantation genetic diagnosis, IVF, Gynecology, Plastic Surgery, One Day Clinic Surgery
Genesis Athens Clinic is the largest private IVF unit in Athens and is internationally renowned for its work in infertility services.
Genesis Athens Clinic is a private medical company, equipped with the most state-of-the-art instruments, staffed with Greece’s top medical scientists, to satisfy the needs in Greece for highly specialized services (surgical, gynecological, and plastic surgery departments – Radiological and Laboratory services ) and “one day clinic” surgical techniques, delivering value through commitment, professionalism and care.
The IVF Unit (original name: Centre for Human Reproduction) was founded in 1995 by Dr Konstantinos Pantos with the vision to provide the highest standard of individualized care to help and support all couples faced with infertility issues. It is now situated in Genesis Athens Clinic (also founded by Dr. Pantos in 2004) and the staff includes leaders in the fields of infertility, embryology and medical genetics.
World firsts and big successes of “GENESIS ATHENS”
- Our scientific work is included in the global history of IVF
- We contributed to the birth of the first thalassemia-free child in the world with blastocyst biopsy, in 2004.
- We contributed to the birth of the first child in the world, free from chronic granulomatous disease, which saved its sister, providing stem cells for transplantation in 2005
We contributed to the birth in the world of healthy children, which given their genes and without our intervention, were likely to suffer from rare genetic diseases such as Alzheimer Cadasil (2006) congenital adrenal hyperplasia (2006), and maxillofacial dysostosis syndrome FSHD (2007)
- In 2007, GENESIS ATHENS was featured in the international news network CNN for allowing the birth of a healthy child to a family of LEBER syndrome carriers, who had two blind children.
- We achieved the first pregnancy in Greece after preimplantion genetic diagnosis of all chromosomes using the method in 2010.
Patients & Visitors
Health Care Team